Trinitones Seek Help from Fellow Trinity Students to Help them Take on Oz

The acapella group are looking for assistance to help them get to Australia to take on Trinity College Melbourne’s Tiger Tones.

Saoirse Ní ScanláinDeputy Music Editor
Laura Beston for The University Times

In November last year, amidst rising success both internationally and at home, Trinity’s acclaimed acappella group, the Trinitones hosted Trinity College Melbourne’s Tiger Tones for an acapella face off. In light of the success of the night, Tiger Tones have now invited Trinitones to their homeland for another clash of the tones.

Building on an impressive gig history with shows from the smaller to the high-end festival, Trinitones are now established as Ireland’s most successful acappella group. Pulling such notoriety upon themselves has, however, found the group reaching deep into their pockets. The journey down under promises to offer fantastic exposure and further opportunities for Trinity and the group alike. However, for the 18 members, making the 24-hour journey will not come cheap. While being willing to “slum-it” in many respects, securing their plane tickets will be the boy’s biggest burden, and they need some help.

Speaking to The University Times, Sam White from the Trinitones happily spoke about what the trip means to the group: “Going to Australia is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and to do it like this, to be performing, is what dreams are made of. It will be so amazing for us as a group, we’ve learned so much from gigging and this experience will teach us so much more about ourselves and each other.” He further noted that “this kind of stuff really brings us together and we really want it to happen. We’re busking and putting any money from gigs straight towards this, but we realised we just can’t do it on our own”.

Trinitones have again and again shown their admirable professionalism, but as with any other artists, such does not come without a wealth of experience. Having travelled abroad with the group to only two other countries, bringing their voices so far afield will stand as incredibly valuable to both the group and to Trinity.

The group, however, does not want to leech, and for each generous donation you will “buy” yourself a reward, ranging from a personalised Snapchat from the singers to passes to having them perform at birthdays or weddings. Could there be a greater incentive to indulge your inner philanthropist? You can do this and find out more about the endeavour on the their Fund It page.