Trinity Ball Tickets Sell Out in Under an Hour

Tickets for the first Ball since 2019 went on sale this morning.

Emer MoreauEditor

Tickets for this year’s Trinity Ball – the first since 2019 – sold out in just under an hour this morning.

Trinity Ents said it was receiving reports of heavy traffic on the Ball website, where tickets were on sale. This led to the slowing down of the site for many of those trying to buy tickets.

Those who couldn’t get a ticket can email [email protected] to be placed on a waiting list. Anyone who successfully purchased tickets will receive an email with their reference number.

This year, tickets were sold exclusively online for the first time. In previous years, tickets were also sold in House Six, leading to long queues in Front Square.

Tinie Tempah, CMAT and Alan Fitzpatrick will headline this year’s Trinity Ball. The lineup also includes Irish rapper Biig Piig, electronic duet Prospa, DJ Seinfeld, Obskur and Kilkenny-based electronic duo 49th & Main.

Plantain Papi and Just Wondering will also play the Ball, as will DUDJ, the Trinity orchestra and Luke O’Neill’s Metabolix group.

The Ball, one of the biggest events of the Trinity calendar, is taking place on Friday, April 22nd. Tickets for the Ball were priced again at €91, after they increased from €87 in 2019.

Tinie Tempah is a British rapper best known for singles such as “Pass Out” and “Written in the Stars”. He’s collaborated with a range of artists spanning multiple genres, including Ellie Goulding on “Wonderman” and “Miami 2 Ibiza” with Swedish House Mafia. He played Trinity Ball in 2010.

CMAT, or Ciara Mary-Alice Thompson, is a Dublin singer-songwriter who has risen to prominence in Ireland and beyond over the past year. Her debut album, If My Wife Knew I’d Be Dead was released earlier this month.

Southampton-born Alan Fitzpatrick is “one of the most popular techno DJs in the world”, according to his Spotify page, with over 650,000 streams of his raw, hard-edged sounds on Spotify.

Metabolix is fronted by Trinity’s own Prof Luke O’Neill. The band describes itself as on “a mission to prove rock, pop and funk are the best medicine”.

The University Times revealed last week that musicians Malaki and Gracey would be included in the lineup for this year’s Ball.