Controversy arises as Google shuts down blogs linking to music files

Bloggers have signed their lives away, yet still complain when they’re taken from the web. North American bloggers are asking for their right to be “innocent until proven guilty” when they know for a fact that the agreement they signed with Google Inc. states “although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Blogger Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version” (http://www.blogger.com/termsg). 

“Google may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions and if you do not accept and abide by this agreement you may not use the blogger service” and so on, repeating the same quote several times in the agreement. This means that responsibility lies on the bloggers to update themselves on their rights to be on the web.

Though many of these bloggers have the rights from the record companies to link to the files in question, the agreement signed, which is constantly being modified, will legally cover Google Inc. (Blogger Service) in taking them off the web.

Controversy arises as there are actually no rights given to the blogger when signing this type of agreement, as the agreement is naively signed by individualss believing to be legally protected when actually they are putting themselves at the mercy of Google Inc., wherever in the world they are. The agreement also states that Google has the legal right of disclosing the detailed contents of bloggers’ information when legal proceedings take place.