“Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree”: a festive street style post

Laura Morley and Harriet Burgess

Staff Writers

As most of you probably know by now, this year, Trinity College put up its very first Christmas tree in Front Square, courtesy of a generous donor.  It’s strange, really, that no one had done this over the last five-hundred years or so, but that’s beside the point, we have it now, and as the Provost’s email received by the entire student body read let’s “begin a new Trinity tradition.”

We attended the Christmas tree lights ceremony in Front Square so that we could see the giant tree and listen to some of the delightful caroling on offer, of course, but also so that we could see what the stylish students of Trinity were wearing.  It’s been extremely cold in Dublin over the past few days, and we were certainly not surprised to see that Trinity students were battling the freezing temperatures in style.

Model 1: Marion

The first girl we came across in Front Square was the lovely Marion, all the way from France.  Marion is an Erasmus student in Trinity, studying English Studies, in third year.  She caught our eye with her amazing fur coat and cute patent handbag and pearls, and there were no surprises when she told us that her favourite places to shop were vintage stores.

Model 2: Kate

The next stylish lady we encountered was Kate, and we interrupted her chat to ask if we could take a quick photograph.  A fourth year politics and philosophy student, who likes to shop at Shotsy. Kate’s delightful fur hat complimented her glasses perfectly.

Model 3 : Toby

Finally, we met Toby, a religion and theology student in his final year at Trinity.  When we asked Toby where his favourite place to shop was, he said simply “I don’t really buy clothes, I inherit clothes”.   We love it.