TCD’s Business School Ranked in Global Top 50

Trinity's School of Business placed 37th in Eduniversal's 2013 rankings, and also made it into the prestigious "5 Palmes" category.

Catherine O’Callaghan | Contributing Writer

Trinity’s School of Business has been placed in the Top 50 of a recently published ranking of Top Business Institutions worldwide. The School has ranked 37th in the Eduniversal Business Schools Ranking for 2013, placing Trinity as the highest ranking Irish Business School followed by UCD in 48th place.

“This is a very significant ranking for Trinity’s Business School especially given that the deans and directors of the 1,000 best academic institutions worldwide are asked to vote.”

The quality of Trinity’s global Business School has also been recognised by its inclusion in in the prestigious “5 Palmes” category by Eduniversal. This category reflects the international reputation of a Business School. Alongside Trinity in this premier category are other leading Business Schools such as Harvard, Oxford and London School of Economics.

Head of the Trinity Business School, Dr Jim Quinn, commented on the importance of this achievement for the School, saying: “This is a very significant ranking for Trinity’s Business School especially given that the deans and directors of the 1,000 best academic institutions worldwide are asked to vote. Their high rating of our School is an acknowledgement of the international reputation of our research and education programmes along with the quality of our graduates.

“It is especially timely given the School’s expansion plans with a new state-of-the-art facility to be built and its plans for the further development of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.”

“Their high rating of our School is an acknowledgement of the international reputation of our research and education programmes along with the quality of our graduates.”

In conducting research for the basis of its rankings Eduniversal surveys up to 1,000 Business Schools in 154 countries, including a vote by practising academics. The Business Schools are awarded Palme levels from one to five based on research carried out by the International Scientific committee that compiles the list of internationalisation criteria, along with assessments made by peers through the “Deans’ Vote”.