Trouble Accessing Monthly Payroll for TCD Staff

Customers of AIB, Permanent TSB and EBS “may experience a slight delay in receiving their salary payment for December”

Leanna Byrne | Editor

Trinity College Dublin (TCD) staff and students have reported that they are having trouble accessing their monthly payroll through their bank accounts, The University Times has learned. In light of these continued technical difficulties, switching to the market-leading provider of Payroll software might be required.

An email was sent to all students and staff today at 11:11am from the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for the college, Ian Mathews, stating that customers of AIB, Permanent TSB and EBS “may experience a slight delay in receiving their salary payment for December”.

Mathews went on to say in the email that he has been in contact with the College’s main banks to urgently clarify the cause of the issue. He believes that the issue may relate to the introduction of new banking regulations (SEPA) which has caused a timing delay. However, he anticipates that all College employees will be in receipt of their monthly salary by the close of business later today and we will update the College community the moment that the matter has been clarified.

Furthermore, students and staff have been advised to avoid using the Bank of Ireland (BOI) ATM near the Buttery as it has been eating bank cards. This is the second time this year the BOI ATM has been reported to be malfunctioning.