Trinder-Themed Night Out to Take Place Next Week

Facebook page Trinder will participate in a lust-themed night with Trinity Ents, DU Players and Trinity Musical Theatre

Emer MoreauNews Editor
Trinder recently announced a change of logo due to a copyright infringement.

After setting College alight with their Facebook page over the past year, the creators of Trinder will reveal themselves at the first of a series of events inspired by the seven deadly sins.

Titled “The Seven Deadly Sins – Lust”, the event is being run by Trinity Ents in collaboration with Trinder, DU Players and Trinity Musical Theatre (TMT).

In an email statement to The University Times, Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) entertainment officer Judith Robinson said: “Trinity Ents is very excited to bring a new club night to students. We will be holding seven club nights based on ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’. The first of these nights is ‘LUST’.”

Robinson said the night is the “first ever college event that Trinder are doing, and it fits perfectly with our theme. With Trinity DJs, TMT dancers and a secret guest, it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience!”.

A post on the Trinder page said: “We’ve teamed up with Ents for the first Trinder event – a LUST themed club night (fittingly). We’ll be live posting your submissions from inside the venue, all night long baby.”

It continued: “So cut out the middle (wing) man and don’t forget to pick up that feather boa/ pink masquerade mask to make yourself stand out and inspire a Trinder post being written about you. After all…who knows….maybe you’ll meet the ONE….that you’ll avoid eye contact with for the rest of your undergraduate degree.”

The Facebook event description reads: “This night will be taking place in the smoky depths of The Hub. We will be joined by Trinity DJs playing some sleazy pop and hip hop, and a soon to be announced act that will keep you entertained all night long.”

“The Hub will be transformed by our sexy pink decor and will be filled with some of TMT’s most alluring dancers. To top this lustful night off we will be joined by the creators of Trinder. On this magical eve, Trinder will be dedicated to solely ‘LUST’. We will be giving stand out pieces of clothing to each attendee in the hope that they will attract a Trinder post. Can this night get any more hot???”

Trinder, which was founded earlier this year, allows users to submit anonymous romantic messages to attract the attention of other students.

After a summer hiatus, the page sparked back into life earlier this month with a video explaining that the page’s logo, which featured the Trinity crest, violated copyright and had to be removed. Trinder has since introduced a new logo.

Another page run by the same students, Trinfess, also gained popularity this year. Similar to Trinder, the page publishes Trinity students’ anonymous confessions and ramblings.