Ladies rugby team look for a victory

Trinity visited the arch enemy that is ‘Belvo’ on Sunday November 8th for a grudge match.

Trinity were looking for revenge after their defeat last year in the same fixture. Trinity, carrying a few injuries, started the match well against an experienced Old Belvedere side. Two early tries from Belvedere saw them take an early lead and more pressure saw them score another try just before half time.

Trinity started to take a hold of the game before half time and this was brought through into our play for the second half. Fair play to the squad, they regrouped at half time. The team talked about taking the game to their pack and getting the ball down in there half as much as they could. Some great work in the back line from Emma Doyle and Therese Morely saw Trinity pin Belvedere down the pitch. Some great tackling from Fiona McGinty and Michelle O’Brien put more pressure on the Belvedere back line. The pack, captained by fearless leader Kiva Brennan, led from the front and took the ball to the pack and some warrior work from Maeve McCutcheon and Maria Farrell really shook the Belvedere pack and finally broke down their defensive line. A penalty quickly taken by Brennan saw Trinity set up a good ruck position, the ball went out the back line and some good hands from O’Brien saw the squad’s newest member Kyra O’Sullivan cross the line to score a well deserved try.