Five of the Best: Dublin Vintage Shopping

Our fashion editor Sarah McCarthy breaks down the best spots in Dublin to find vintage gems.

Sarah McCarthyFashion Editor
@lootdublin on Instagram

Finding the most enviable and sought-after wardrobe is an extreme sport, particularly if it’s vintage. At least these five stores make maneuvering the pool of deadstock clothing a bit easier. The more National College of Art and Design (NCAD) and Workman’s Club vibes, the better. Alternatively, opt for rentals to wear high fashion at a fraction of the cost. 

Greens Are Good For You

Celebrating its first-year anniversary this month, rental store Greens Are Good For You in Royal Hibernian Way is a true champion of sustainability. The overall vibes are girly, fun and chic, with baby-pink fluff and bright green shimmers. Seen on fashionistas such as Sophie Murray, Greens Are Good For You will give you an influencer-worthy Instagram feed. Think Charlotte Simone, Rat & Boa, Rezek Studio, and Jacquemus. Our only worry is not being able to part with the items afterwards. 

Om Diva 

Located on Drury St, this store is cute, quirky and eccentric. This is the definition of artsy. Its iconic baby-pink exterior leads to an even more exciting interior. Filled with colour, lights, flowers and other wild decor, this self-described “hippy paradise” began its journey as a stall in George’s Street Arcade in 1999. The boutique has been a Dublin classic ever since. With a wide range of reasonably priced vintage pieces, Irish designer brands, accessories and homeware, there’s something for everyone at Om Diva. 

Siopa Ella 

Siopa Ella on Wicklow St has two components. There’s a handbag and accessories store, with a clothing store right next to it. Ella de Guzman moved to Dublin from Canada in 2010 and noticed an absence of resale stores in the city. Hence, Siopa Ella (a play on the Irish phrase ‘Siopa Eile’) was born. They have even trading since 2011. Guzman is an authentication expert, and since the store’s opening she has re-sold over 140,000 items. The handbag section specialises in luxury items, such as Chanel and Hermès, but the pre-loved clothing section offers the perfect opportunity to grab a bargain. 

Loot 

This is Dublin’s newest vintage concept store, having opened on Fade St in May of this year. You can’t miss its electric-blue exterior. Rêverie and Heritage are behind this unique and trendy store. This store boasts an impressive selection of vintage designer pieces – predominantly 90s vibes. You might spot Fendi, Galliano, Roberto Cavalli and Prada. There are also plenty of unique unbranded pieces and a selection of international fashion magazines for sale. The store also hosts events with local DJs. It’s definitely worth checking out! 

Nine Crows Vintage

This vintage store transports you right into 90s and 2000s heaven. Located on Temple Lane St, this is one of the most exciting fashion stores in Temple Bar. This loud and colourful store offers some of the best hand-picked vintage pieces in Dublin at an affordable price. Nine Crows Vintage caters to both men and women at prices starting from €2. Its Instagram feed tempts viewers with Von Dutch, Roberto Cavalli, Guess and Dolce & Gabbana. Items are also available for sale on Depop. Happy thrifting!