Learn Lessons in Leadership, with Trinity SMF

The annual leadership conference will be attended by numerous speakers, including Ray Nolan and Howard Dean.

Ciara HaleyRadius Editor

This Thursday, February 8th, will see a panel discussion take place in Trinity’s Edmund Burke Theatre. The conference has been organised by Trinity Student Managed Fund (SMF), and it will be the fifth annual student-run leadership conference of its kind. This annual event hosts a range of successful leaders in business from across the globe and invites them to partake in a discussion about a particular topic each year.

The event was founded in order to provide an in-depth insight into how theories surrounding management and leadership converge alongside practice.

The special guests that will be sitting on the panel include: Governor Howard Dean, the American physician, author and retired politician who was the former Governor of Vermont and a former presidential candidate, Myles Dungan, the author, historian and presenter of The History Show on RTÉ Radio One, Paul Drechsler, the President of the Confederation of British Industry, Ray Nolan, the founder of Hostelworld and CEO of XSellco, and Sandra Whitney the Global Head of strategic publishing at Google.

This strong panel is sure to inspire interesting debate around the theme of this year’s conference, “Lessons in Leadership”. Dungan will chair the discussion and panelists are asked to give an address on any topic that they feel fits into this year’s theme.

The discussion will be highly interactive, with many opportunities being afforded to the audience for an active engagement in the debate.

This event will run in accordance with the Chatham House Rule, meaning that all participants are free to use any information received during the discussion, but the identity and affiliation of the speakers, or of any other participant involved, cannot be revealed. This is to encourage free discussion and the open sharing of information during the conference.

Doors open for this year’s conference at 6.20pm. The conference will run on until 8.30pm.