Trinity VDP Wins Best Overall Society at CSC Awards

The society was also named Best Large Society.

Niamh Herbert and Dominic McGrath
Niamh Herbert for The University Times

Trinity Vincent De Paul won Best Overall Society this evening at the Central Societies Committee (CSC) annual awards this evening.

It was a successful night for the society, which also won Best Large Society. The society, led by President Tom O’Malley, has had a successful year and held its annual musical last month.

The winner of Best Medium Society was Trinity Literary Society. The society also won Best Publication, with The Attic.

The CSC awards are an annual celebration of the work of Trinity’s societies and this year the event took place in Clontarf Castle.

Space Society, which enjoyed lift off last year, won Best Small Society after losing out on Best New Society in 2017. The society also won the Societies’ Choice Award. DU Meditation also won Most Improved Society.

DU Players won Best Multi-Day Event, for its Trinity Fringe.

The award for Best Fresher went to Rachel Foran from DU Players. Anna McCollum, the President of Bio Soc, was named Best Individual.

Trinity Literary Society won Best Event for its Hogwarts event in the Graduates Memorial Building last month.

The best fourth-week event – the annual celebration of Trinity’s societies – was awarded to the Environmental Society’s “Green Day”. Samhain, which took place late last year and was organised by Cumann Gaelach and Trinity’s Traditional Irish Music Society, was named Best Collaborative Event.

Trinity Musical Theatre Society, which put on Evita this year to great acclaim, went home with the award for Best New Society.

The University Philosophical Society (the Phil) won Best Poster for “Club Philth”. Trinity Christian Union also won Best Online Presence.

Correction: March 8th, 2018
An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that Trinity Space Society won Best Online Presence. In fact, Trinity Christian Union won.