Visual Arts Celebrates 10th Anniversary of Showcase

This week, the society will be holding its end-of-year exhibition.

Phelim Ó LaoghaireArts Editor

This weekend the Visual Arts Society (Vis Arts) will be holding their end-of-year exhibition. This year will be the 10th anniversary of the end-of-year showcase and it’s sure to be a blast. Plenty of art snobbery, mandatory wine and banging tunes will be provided on the night. There will even be performances pieces in the main space – this exhibition is not to be missed!

If you do happen to miss the opening, make sure to drop in on Saturday between 12-5pm to get a look at the creative talents our university has on offer in the exhibition.

The exhibition is curated by the Vis Arts committee. At the beginning of the new year they put out an open call to the students and staff of Trinity and since then have been busy selecting and curating work of those that submitted. This final show is to be extremely varied in its mediums, themes and subject matter. All in all we are looking forward to seeing the great work that people here have been making over the year and in their own time. While Vis Arts and Trinity Arts Workshop run many events to support and facilitate the creative arts on campus, this exhibition is not restricted and is a great opportunity for many of the practicing artists in our college to get their work viewed by the general public.

The exhibition of art works by students and staff of Trinity will be taking place in the Temple Bar Gallery and Studios and kicks off at 7.30pm this Friday. Last week, the gallery played host to the Dublin University Photography Society (DUPA) exhibition.