A Taste of Trinity’s International Societies

AIESEC's third Global Village will showcase the best of Trinity's international societies.

Molly FureySocieties Editor

AIESEC Trinity, a branch of the youth-run international NGO, has organised the return of the popular freshers’ Global Village this Wednesday. Bringing together a diverse set of societies, those celebrating international cultures and languages, AIESEC Trinity’s event is an exhibition of the multicultural makeup of the college and its student population.

Partnered with the UN, AIESEC’s sphere of influence expands globally. The organisation works to empower students around the world to make a difference by engaging with global social developmental issues. Central to this is the promotion of international, and intercultural engagement and collaboration, which the Global Village will certainly bring about on campus.

Its third annual Global Village will be taking place in the Global Room in the Hamilton from 3pm and offers students a chance to engage with the many different cultural societies on campus. With 13 different societies taking part, attendees are sure to get a real flavour of the vast variety of international and cultural groups active throughout the college. Including a mix of the language societies along with the Society for International Affairs (SOFIA) and even the Yoga Society, AIESEC’s event will certainly keep students busy.

The Global Village promises to be a vibrant and exciting event with each society committed to demonstrating their nation’s customs and culture through traditional dance, costume, music and – most importantly – free food. AIESEC’s event offers freshers a chance to see for themselves what Trinity’s international societies have to offer, to discuss cultural issues and ideas and briefly immerse themselves in a myriad of customs and traditions.

Global Village has been a highlight of freshers’ week for the past two years and is sure to be an impressive event once again. AIESEC’s event places some of Trinity’s most active, dynamic societies in the spotlight and showcases all that they have to offer. If you’re interested in languages and international issues or simply want a free crepe, be sure to head over to the Global Room in Hamilton this afternoon.