TCDSU Signs €12k Deal With Three Mobile Network

The deal will allow Three to advertise in freshers' week at Ents events throughout the year.

Donal MacNameeEditor
Donal MacNamee for The University Times

Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) has signed a deal worth over €12,000 with mobile network provider Three.

The deal, a copy of which was seen by The University Times, will allow Three to advertise on campus and at Ents events, and is worth €12,230 to the union this year.

Speaking to The University Times, TCDSU Communications Officer Muireann Kane said: “I am thrilled to announce our exciting new partnership with Three. It’s fantastic to get off to such a great start and I’m looking forward to continuing this throughout the year.”

Kane said that the agreement “supports our idea that sponsorship is for the benefit of student engagement, whereby they can connect with relevant organisations”.

The long-term agreement will allow Three a stand in the Arts Block during freshers’ week. As part of the deal, the company is paying €6,200 this year to advertise with Trinity Ents.

The deal was initiated by former Communications Officer Paraic McLean.

TCDSU has also recently signed a deal with international package delivery company UPS, while financial firm KPMG will sponsor elements of this year’s class representative training.

In November 2018, TCDSU reported a deficit of over €70,000. The increased deficit was largely down to the expenses of May’s repeal referendum, as well as to the costs of the Take Back Trinity protests in March, which meant TCDSU spent almost €45,000 more in the category of campaigns.