That Was Rag Week?

That was Rag week. We have just completed another seven days that we decided to call Rag week. Things were done that tried to make the week feel more like it was different to any other week but, try as we might Trinity will never be a place that takes to the concept of Rag week.

In other universities and colleges students will take the week off and engage in all sorts of mayhem whereas here a spree in College rooms would see you before the Junior Dean.

There are a number of reasons why Rag week in Trinity will never be as big as we all hope that it will be.  First, our location in the City is, for some reason, not conducive to making Rag week work. There is also the fact that while it is a noble cause it is, if we are truthful, only going to be remarkable if it is exciting and fun and more than what it has been but, again this will not happen here in Trinity.

We have tried so many times to invent the fun that we always hear about from our friends in Galway, Limerick and elsewhere but there just does not seem to be the ability no matter how abled those that try invent it are.

Insomuch as Trinity is the best university in the country on most every other gauge our Rag week does not even register on the bar that shows you were to start registering. That is the sad state that is nobody’s fault and this paper does not intend to lay falut at  anyone’s door. It is what it is and that is it.

We therefore must become accustomed to not having it like they do in places where it is fun. We must come to expect not to be something that that we do not expect. Expect the expected.